Isla, Grant and #3?
I have a 4.5yr old Isla Hope, 3 yr old Grant William and are working on adding a #3 to the mix. Both are brown eyed, dark brown hair and we live in Vermont.
Boy names have tended to be easy for us to come up with and agree on, but girls names are very challenging. Before finding out if Grant was a boy or girl we spent weeks trying to come up with a girl name, with no luck. I was very concerned about popularity when pregnant with Isla - and Isla wasn't in the top 1,000 when I chose it, though now that she's 4.5 and there are 3 other Isla's in our county that we keep running into from time to time, I'm actually glad for it because that means people will recognize it and know how to pronounce it more easily. So, I am still anxious about popularity but don't think it's as big of a deal any more, though trendy isn't the same as popular in my opinion.
Here is the list we are working on right now:
- Heidi (we both like, dh loves the Swedish origin as his Grannie is 1/2 Swedish and always proud of her heritage. I worry it's a bit dated, wdyt?)
- Audrey (we both think this is sweet, but it's awfully popular, and do you think it sounds old next to Isla?)
Here are girl names I like and dh is so-so on them.
- Zoe (so popular, but it's such a cool name IMO)
- Matilda, nn Tillie (we were close to liking this before but it's such a big name...)
- Bridget (dh said no)
- Fiona (dh thinks about shrek)
- Cosette (haven't brought this one up to dh yet)
- Everett (there are lots of Everetts in my family (old, not young), though I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not)
- Henry (dh likes, I think it's a bit too popular)
- Rowan (maybe? haven't told this one to dh yet)
My little sister's name was Emalie Elizabeth - she passed away a month ago and I' like to honor her in some way in the naming. Would likely use Elizabeth as a middle for a girl, perhaps include Eli for a boy mn, or Emmett is the masculine version of Emma (which is what we called her).
Other boy mn option is Brian, my dad's name, since Grant's mn is my FIL's name.
Thanks for your help!
Fri, 08/30/2013 - 8:38am