New "boy" names on the girls' top 1000

It seems all the new entrants into the top 1000 on the girls' list are traditionally boys' names.  So far, I've come across:

Blake

Blakely

Bentley

Elliot 

Charley/Charlee/Charleigh for girls jumped up again, too: combining spellings, it would probably be ranked around #125 in 2011.  

I'll update when I find more!

Replies

May 16, 2012 4:39 PM

So sad :( 

and I just heard that Tiger Woods' fling gave birth to a girl and named her Wyatt Lilly! So you can add that to your list.

By Jill
May 19, 2012 5:11 PM

I didn't find many more new names on the girl list that used to be for boys only.  There were several names that were already on both lists that trended more girl to varying degrees since 2009 (if you combine spellings, such as Karsyn and Carson):

Addison, Bailey (fell off the boys 1000 in 2010 and 2011 respectively)

Harper, London, Kendall, Teagan, Avery, Lyric, Ariel, Emery, Peyton, Riley, Emerson, Harley, Skyler (already majority girl in 2009, but became more so in 2011)

Charlie/Charlee/etc., Quinn, Casey/Kasey, Dakota (majority of babies in 2009 with these names were boys, majority of babies in 2011 were girls)

Jaylen/Jaelyn/etc., Justice/Justus, Phoenix, Jordan/Jordyn/etc., Braylon/Braelyn/etc., Zion, Angel, Jesse/Jessie, Ryan/Ryann (majority of babies remain boys, but a higher percentage were girls in 2011 than 2009)