No info yet
No favorite names yet.
Other things worth noting:
- Archer, Harper, Charlotte, and Aria all share the "ar" sound.
- I think part of what is attractive about Archer (to me, anyway), is that Archie is a cute nickname, and this is a more modern way to achieve that than with the traditional Archibald (I imagine the "bald" ending turns some parents off).
- Evelyn and Violet have the lovely "v" sound.
- Many of these names have formal and diminutive options (Penelope/Penny, Archer/Archie, Charlotte/Charlie/Lottie, Evelyn/Evie), and Henry crosses both fields (formal, but ends in the diminutive "ee" vowel that makes you smile).
I think I read that Beyonce's name is actually her mother's maiden name. So her parents didn't invent it, so much as repurpose it.
I thought of Trudie Styler (Sting's wife... although not spelled with a Y).Also thought of Leah Remini.
Very impressive. Well done, ladies!
- Aiea, The champ of year 2. ;)
My boyfriend and I have tossed around the idea of naming a son Henry... And I would very much like to nickname him "Helo" (which is the call-sign of a character on Battlestar Galactica). He doesn't seem thrilled with the idea.
I remember once reading about a family who named all of their 11 children so that their first names were the reverse of their middle names, creating palindromes. From some quick internet searching, I've found that they had a Lebanna Annabel, Noel Leon, Lledo Odell, Laur Raul, Loneva Avenol, and Leah Hael.
I skimmed the thread, so forgive me if these are repeats:
Bethenny - Bethenny Frankel has become a reality ubiquity. This year, she has been seen on "Real Housewives of NYC", "Bethenny Getting Married?", and is now on "Skating with the Stars".
Betty - Betty White is back in a major way, and "Ugly Betty" completed its run this year.
Cecelia - Jim & Pam's baby on "The Office", in a less common spelling to make the nickname Cece more obvious.
Cher - The name of a noteworthy young singer on the British reality show The X-Factor (Cher Lloyd). Also, the original superstar Cher is back in the world of acting with "Burlesque".
Janelle - Androgynous singer Janelle Monae and her pompadour got noticed this year for her songs "Tightrope" and "Cold War".
Justin - Justing Bieber apparently has racks of servers at Twitter devoted entirely to content about him. And Justin Timberlake had a decent turn in the excellent film, "The Social Network".
Nicki - Nicki Minaj made a splash on the music scene this year. And had a fake wedding to Drake.