No info yet
It’s funny, I wouldn’t have thought so before you posted it, but now I think I really like the -ly sound!
15. Kaylee- I know the spelling is different, but I can’t help but think of Caylee Anthony.
14. Julie- nice, but seems child of the 80s to me. Prefer the other Juli-forms.
13. Charlie- See this as a nickname only.
12 Carly- Nice, but a little dated.
11 Everly- Getting used to It as a name.
10. Ellie- Really cute, but see it as a nickname
9. Natalie- Sweet
8. Kylie- have always liked the sound.
7. Hadley- Crunchy cool.
6. Finley- very much growing on me
5. Molly- would be higher if not for the drug reference
4. Hailey- I have liked this name since I saw The Wizard as a kid
3. Callie- I am just drawn to the sound
2. Emily - I love Emilie spelling in pArticular
1. Lily- a Classic
13 boys names starting with M: Micah, Miles, Maxwell, Maddox, Marcus, Maverick, Mason, Michael, Matthew, Matthias, Marek, Malik, Miller
Love: Landon, Andrew, Heath
Like: Logan, Tyler, Thiago
Lose: Mitch (I see this only as a nickname), Warwick (just think of the town), Eric (nice, but liked the others more)
Landon, Andrew, Heath, Logan, Tyler, Thiago, Alexander, Micah, Joao
Love: Ruby, Paloma, Briar
Like: Shea, Samantha, Hadley
Lose: Valerie, Marie (both seem tied to a previous generation to me), Melody (nice, I just likes the others more)
Ruby, Paloma, Briar, Shea, Samantha, Hadley, Lorelei, Sabine, Willa
Love: Theodore, Emory, Javier
Like: Colson, Adrian, Logan
LoSr: Everett (still like it, it’s just been on a while), Tamas (just think of a misspelling of Tomas), Fabrizio (really cool name ruined for me by Febreeze)
Theodore, Emory, Javier, Colson, Adrian, Logan, Wolfgang, Domenico, Khalil
Love: Juliet, Saskia, Xanthe
Like: Rafaela, Rhea, Astaria (I have never heard this name, and it doesn’t fit my taste, but there is something about it I like).
Lose: Penny (not a stand-alone to me), Donatella (just Versace), Charlette (looks like a misspelling)
Julie, Saskia, Xanthe, Rafaela, Rhea, Astaria, Antonia, Farren, Tula
Jefferson - in First name usage, dominates by Jefferson Davis
Jackson, Jacob, Jacoby, Jake, Jamal, James, Jameson, Jaron, Jason, Jasper, Javier, Jeffrey, Jensen, Jesse, Joel, John, Jonah, Jonas, Jonathan, Jordan, Joseph, Joshua, Josiah, Judah, Jude, Julian, Justin
Love: Theodore, Everett, Colson
Like: Leander, Emory, Logan
Lose: Conrad (still like it, just been on for what seems like a while), Callan (this is a last name to me), Evan (love this name, but doesn’t Seem as interesting as the others)
Theodore, Everett, Colson, Leander, Emory, Logan, Silas, Javier, Wendell
Keep: Colette Samantha
Switch: Adele Heather
First: Calista Sloane
Middle: Chloe Katrina
Inifial: Genevieve Nell
Keep: Rafael Thomas
Switch: Noel Alexander
First: Evander James
Middle: Finn Wesley
Initials: Nico Arthur
Love: Theodore, Everett, Evan
Like: Conrad. Otis, Forrest
Lose: Lucian (I like it, just not as much as the others), Keegan (my first Keegan was a girl, and while I know that’s not as common, it always reads girl to me), Nathan (fine name, just not as interesting as the others to me)
Theodore, Everett, Evan, Conrad, Otis, Forrest, Colson, Gerard, Leander
13. Uriel - Ur-names are just a tough sound for me.
12. Yusuf- this name is just one person for me
11. Quinn - sort of ambivalent on this name
10. Parker - a little preppy for me
9. Thomas - classic, surprisingly I know several young Tommys!
8. Vincent- another classic, like Vince as a nickname. Thanks, Entourage
7. Zachary- A bit 90s, but still really nice
6. William- Timeless And I love the internal L
5. Ryan - I just love the sound
4. Samuel- This, and the three names above it, were all on my short list! This is gentlemanly, and who doesn’t like Sam?
3. Oliver- A little quirky still, and really solid
2. Noah- Uber popular for a reason. Soft and strong
1. Xavier - I have loved this name since I read a Cabbage Patch book as a child!
13 names of childhood crushes: Ty, Adam, Justin, Matthew, Christopher, Scott, Antonio, Evan, Robert, Edward, Michael, Joshua, Dashiell
Avalon and Calliope- Avalon is only a place name for me
Aurora & Juniper, Ellen & Olive, Gloria & Adeline, Luna & Eve, Mia & Claire, Thea & Maisie, Violet & Arden
Keep: Christina Yvette
Switch: Adele Heather
First: Madeline Tatum
Middle: Marina Nicole
Initiala: Samantha Colette
Love: Juliet, Eloise, Sophie
Like: Rebecca, Madeline, Etta
Lose: Oakley (just sunglasses to me), Eleanor and Sarah (nice but liked the others better)
juliet, Eloise, Sophie, Rebecca, Madeline, Etta, Sloane, Serena, Renata
Love: Matilda, Amaya, Linden
Like: Sophie, Liberty, Lourdes
Lose: Diana (like this, just not as much as the others), Wilhelmina (i don’t love the sound or the spelling), Frankie (I just don’t love Frank because it makes me think of a hotdog).
Matilda. Amaya, Linden. Sophie, Liberty, Lourdes, Iona, Eloise, Rivka
13. Unique- it feels like thus name would bring a lot of expectations and jokes.
12. Yaretzi- not my favorite sounds
11. Quinn- Negative association
10. Zoey- Prefer Zoe
9. Riley- just ok for me
8. Natalie - prefer Natalia
7 Ximena- like the look more than the sound
6. Taylor- positive association from childhood makes me like a name I otherwise wouldn’t
5. Sophia- nice, but a but overused in my area
4. Victoria- regal
3. Penelope- quirky and memorable
2. Olivia- I love this name, despite its popularity. Somehow I have to meet one!
1. Willow- soft and strong, i loved Pink’s explanation of why she used this for her daughter.
10 2019 Oscar winners (female):
Olivia, Regina, Ruth, Elizabeth, Rayka, Kate, Patricia, Hannah. Nina, Stefani
Poster‘s choice: I chose to rank the names on the number 1 in the country men’s basketball roster (Gonzaga)
15. Geno- I have a tough time envisioning this on a baby.
14. Filip- I prefer the sound of Felipe
13. Greg- negative association and I don’t love the sound
12. Corey- Nice, but very 80s/90s
11. Zach- see Corey (thanks Boy Meets World and Saved By the Bell)
10. Paul- nice but a little boring
9. Josh- same as Paul. I really like Joshua, but Josh feels too common.
8. Alex- solid name
7. Matthew- a classic
6. Brandon- I have every reason to hate this name but for some reason it appeals to me.
5. Joel- Short, sweet, known but a touch unexpected
4. Rui- snappy with a cool sound
3. Jack- There‘s no other name that has the gentlemanly swagger this does, for me
2. Killian- just a cool, unexpected choice
1. Jeremy- I have always loved this name, and how it really has no sound alike.
12 names on the top women’s basketball roster (Baylor): NaLyssa, DiDi, Trinity, Honesty, Aquira, Moon, Lauren, Juicy, Kalani, Chloe, Queen, Caitlin
August, Benjamin, Callum, Desmond, Evan, Finn, Gideon, Henry, Isaac, Jacob, Kellan, Lucas, Malcolm, Noah, Oliver, Parker, Quinten, Rhys, Samuel, Sebastian (tie!), Theodore, Urban, Vaughan, Wesley, Xavier, Yadiel, Zachary
Love: Samuel, Everett, Clay
Like: Conrad, Abbott, Keegan
Lose: Wade (i just think of wading), Cedric (I like this name but it was recently dropped), Nelson (was this the bully on The Simpsons? I have a vague negative association)
Samuel, Everett, Clay, Conrad, Abbott, Keegan, Kingston, Bilal, Sawyer
Love: Beatrice, Amaya, Ebony
Like: Sophie, Diana, Matilda
Lose: Meredith (a nice name, for me it’s just dominated by one associaiton), Kerris (unfamiliar to me as a first name), Katia (i wanted to keep it, just couldn’t find a spot for it)
Beatrice, Amaya, Ebony, Sophie, Diana, Matilda, Quisqueya, Liberty, Linden