Adair Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Edgar:
Derived from the Old English Eadgar, a name composed from the elements ēad (prosperity, fortune, riches) and gar (a spear): hence, "spear of prosperity."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Adair? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Adair
Contribute your knowledge to the name Adair
- Comments and insights on the name Adair
- Personal experiences with the name Adair
- Nicknames for Adair
- Meanings and history of the name Adair
Scottish and Irish surname derived from Edgar. Possibly derived from the Gaelic for "from the oak tree ford".
From an English surname which was derived from the given name EDGAR.
- Famous real-life people named Adair
- Adair in song, story & screen