Adolfo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Adolfo:
Derived from the Germanic Adolf (noble wolf), an evolution of the Old High German Adulf, which is a compounding of the elements adal (noble) and wulf (wolf).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Adolfo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Adolfo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Adolfo
- Comments and insights on the name Adolfo
- Personal experiences with the name Adolfo
- Nicknames for Adolfo
My grandfather's name was Adolfo, but everyone knew him as 'Dolf' - He was a wonderful man, and I've yet to meet another Dolf.
- Meanings and history of the name Adolfo
- Famous real-life people named Adolfo
- Adolfo in song, story & screen