Aedan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Aidan:
Anglicized form of the Irish Aodhan (little fiery one).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aedan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aedan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aedan
- Comments and insights on the name Aedan
- Personal experiences with the name Aedan
- Nicknames for Aedan
Danny, Dan, Ed
- Meanings and history of the name Aedan
- Famous real-life people named Aedan
Áedán mac Gabráin (ruled c. 574–609), King of Dál Riata.
Aeddan ap Blegywryd (died 1018), Welsh prince of Gwynedd.
Saint Máedóc of Ferns (550–632), also known as Áedan.
- Aedan in song, story & screen