Aemon Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eamon:
Gaelic form of Edmund, which is derived from the Old English Eadmund (wealthy protection), a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, fortune, riches) and mund (hand, protection).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aemon? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aemon
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aemon
- Comments and insights on the name Aemon
- Personal experiences with the name Aemon
- Nicknames for Aemon
- Meanings and history of the name Aemon
- Famous real-life people named Aemon
- Aemon in song, story & screen
Maester Aemon (Targaryen) of The Night's Watch in HBO's Game of Thrones or George R R Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series.