Akseli Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Axel:
A borrowing from the Scandinavians, Axel is a cognate of the biblical Absalom, which is derived from the Hebrew ‘abshālōm (the father is peace). Var: Aksel, Apsel.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Akseli? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Akseli
Contribute your knowledge to the name Akseli
- Comments and insights on the name Akseli
Finnish form of Axel
- Personal experiences with the name Akseli
- Nicknames for Akseli
- Meanings and history of the name Akseli
- Famous real-life people named Akseli
- Akseli in song, story & screen