Alasdair Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alistair:
A Gaelic form of Alexander (defender of mankind). Var: Alasdair, Alastor.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alasdair? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alasdair
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alasdair
- Comments and insights on the name Alasdair
This is the Gaelic form of Alexander. Anglicized as Alistair.
- Personal experiences with the name Alasdair
- Nicknames for Alasdair
- Meanings and history of the name Alasdair
- Famous real-life people named Alasdair
Alasdair MacIntyre , Philosopher
Alasdair Fraser, Recording artist
Alasdair Roberts, Musician
- Alasdair in song, story & screen
Alasdair Sinclair, a character from Emmerdale