Alastair Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alistair:
A Gaelic form of Alexander (defender of mankind). Var: Alasdair, Alastor.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alastair? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alastair
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alastair
- Comments and insights on the name Alastair
- Personal experiences with the name Alastair
- Nicknames for Alastair
- Meanings and history of the name Alastair
A variation of Alexander, meaning "Defender of Mankind". This is Scottish spelling of the name "Alistair".
- Famous real-life people named Alastair
Famous occultist Aleister Crowley.
- Alastair in song, story & screen
Alastair, white-eyed demon and chief torturer of Hell in CW's "Supernatural", played by Mark Rolston, Andrew Wheeler and Christopher Heyerdahl. Alistair, character in the video game "Dragon Age: Orgins". Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody in Harry Potter book series.