Alastar Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alexander:
A compound Greek name composed of the elements alexein (to defend, to help) and andros (man): hence, “defender or helper of mankind.” The name was borne by Alexander the Great (356—323 B.C.), a Macedonian king and military conqueror who helped spread the Greek culture across Asia Minor to Egypt and India. Var: Aleksandr, Aleksandur, Alexander, Alexandras. Short: Alek, Alekos, Alex, Alexei, Alexios, Alexis, Sander, Sandros
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alastar? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alastar
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alastar
- Comments and insights on the name Alastar
Irish form of Alexander
- Personal experiences with the name Alastar
- Nicknames for Alastar
- Meanings and history of the name Alastar
- Famous real-life people named Alastar
- Alastar in song, story & screen