Alek Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alec:
Scottish form of Alex, a short form of Alexander (defender or helper of mankind).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alek? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alek
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alek
- Comments and insights on the name Alek
Alek, Kale and Lake are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Alek
- Nicknames for Alek
- Meanings and history of the name Alek
A variant of the Greek name Alexander meaning "man's defender, warrior"
- Famous real-life people named Alek
Alek Skarlatos, American National Guardsman who was one of 3 heroes to avert a terrorist attack on a train bound for Paris August 21, 2015.
- Alek in song, story & screen