Alfonzo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alphonse:
Cognate of the French Alphonse (noble and ready), a name derived from the Old German Adulfuns, a compounding of the elements adal (noble) and funs (ready, prompt, apt). The name was borne by the patron saint of Mallorca and Palma.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alfonzo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alfonzo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alfonzo
- Comments and insights on the name Alfonzo
- Personal experiences with the name Alfonzo
- Nicknames for Alfonzo
- Meanings and history of the name Alfonzo
- Famous real-life people named Alfonzo
- Alfonzo in song, story & screen