Alphonso Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alphonse:
Cognate of the French Alphonse (noble and ready), a name derived from the Old German Adulfuns, a compounding of the elements adal (noble) and funs (ready, prompt, apt). The name was borne by the patron saint of Mallorca and Palma.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alphonso? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alphonso
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alphonso
- Comments and insights on the name Alphonso
- Personal experiences with the name Alphonso
- Nicknames for Alphonso
- Meanings and history of the name Alphonso
- Famous real-life people named Alphonso
- Alphonso in song, story & screen