Alphonsus Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alphonse:
Cognate of the French Alphonse (noble and ready), a name derived from the Old German Adulfuns, a compounding of the elements adal (noble) and funs (ready, prompt, apt). The name was borne by the patron saint of Mallorca and Palma.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Alphonsus
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alphonsus
- Comments and insights on the name Alphonsus
- Personal experiences with the name Alphonsus
- Nicknames for Alphonsus
- Meanings and history of the name Alphonsus
Old German name meaning noble ready
- Famous real-life people named Alphonsus
- Alphonsus in song, story & screen