Altair Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Altair? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Altair
Contribute your knowledge to the name Altair
- Comments and insights on the name Altair
The name “Altaïr” is a word in the Arabian language, meaning “The Flyer”/”The Flying One”.
Altair is also half Latin in origin. Translation in a different way, Altair can mean "Bird" or "Soar".
- Personal experiences with the name Altair
- Nicknames for Altair
Al, Ally, Ty, Alta.
- Meanings and history of the name Altair
Altair can also be spelled Altaïr, Alltair, Altaer, and Altayr.
It is possible that Altair was created in honor of the constellation Aquila, more specifically after Aquila's brightest star.
- Famous real-life people named Altair
- Altair in song, story & screen
Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad, main character from "Assassin's Creed"