Altan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alton:
Derived from the Old English Aldtun, which is composed of the elements ald (old) and tūn (town, settlement, village): hence, "old town."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Altan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Altan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Altan
- Comments and insights on the name Altan
- Personal experiences with the name Altan
- Nicknames for Altan
- Meanings and history of the name Altan
The Irish Gaelic word for "Ravine."
Turkish from Al (Red) + Tan (Dawn)
- Famous real-life people named Altan
Altan is the name of a well-known Irish music group.
- Altan in song, story & screen