Alton Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alton:
Derived from the Old English Aldtun, which is composed of the elements ald (old) and tūn (town, settlement, village): hence, "old town."
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alton? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alton
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alton
- Comments and insights on the name Alton
Contains the same letters as Talon
- Personal experiences with the name Alton
- Nicknames for Alton
- Meanings and history of the name Alton
- Famous real-life people named Alton
TV chef Alton Brown (b. 1962)
Alton Lister, NBA Basketball player
Alton Merrell, pianist and composer
Band Leader/Jazz Musician Glenn Miller's full name was Alton Glenn Miller
- Alton in song, story & screen