Alun Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alan:
A Celtic name of uncertain etymology. Alan was brought to England by the Normans during the Conquest. The name was borne by Alan, earl of Brittany, a follower of William the Conqueror.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alun? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alun
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alun
- Comments and insights on the name Alun
Alun, usually seen as the Welsh version of Alan is a river name in Wales and is usually pronounced ( and sometimes spelled) Alyn.
Alun and Luna are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Alun
- Nicknames for Alun
- Meanings and history of the name Alun
- Famous real-life people named Alun
- Alun in song, story & screen