Alvan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alvin:
Derived from the Old English Ælfwine (friend of the elves), a compound name composed of the elements ælf (elf) and wine (friend).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alvan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alvan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alvan
- Comments and insights on the name Alvan
- Personal experiences with the name Alvan
- Nicknames for Alvan
- Meanings and history of the name Alvan
- Famous real-life people named Alvan
- Alvan in song, story & screen