Alvaro Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alvaro:
Congate of the English Alvar (elfin army), a name derived from the Old English Ælfhere, a compounding of the elements ælf (elf) and here (army).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alvaro? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alvaro
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain 2014
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain, 2010
- Chilean Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Chile 2010
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain 2012
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alvaro
- Comments and insights on the name Alvaro
- Personal experiences with the name Alvaro
- Nicknames for Alvaro
- Meanings and history of the name Alvaro
- Famous real-life people named Alvaro
Álvaro Obregón, Mexican President
Alvaro Uribe, President of Colombia
Álvaro Morte, spanish actor, best known for playing the role of "El Profesor" in Money Heist (La Casa de Papel)
Álvaro Joaquim de Melo Siza Vieira, or Alvaro Siza (b. 1933). A Portuguese architect and recipient of the Pritzker Prize in 1992.
- Alvaro in song, story & screen