Ambrosios Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ambrose:
From the Greek Ambrosios, a name derived from ambrosios (immortal).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Ambrosios
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ambrosios
- Comments and insights on the name Ambrosios
- Personal experiences with the name Ambrosios
- Nicknames for Ambrosios
- Meanings and history of the name Ambrosios
The Greek form of Ambrose which is from the Late Latin name Ambrosius, which was derived from the Greek name Αμβροσιος (Ambrosios) meaning "immortal". Saint Ambrose was a 4th-century theologian and bishop of Milan, who is considered a Doctor of the Church. Due to the saint, the name came into general use in Christian Europe, though it was never particularly common in England.
- Famous real-life people named Ambrosios
- Ambrosios in song, story & screen