Ameer Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Amir:
Derived from the Arabic amīr (prince, emir), which is from the verb amara (to command, to rule). Amir has been used as a title for a host of designations including rulers of provinces and caliphs.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ameer? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ameer
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ameer
- Comments and insights on the name Ameer
- Personal experiences with the name Ameer
- Nicknames for Ameer
- Meanings and history of the name Ameer
Variant spelling of Arabic Amīr, "commander", "prince".
- Famous real-life people named Ameer
Ameer Sultan - an Indian film director
- Ameer in song, story & screen