Andrey Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Andrew:
Derived from the Greek andreios (manly). The name is borne by one of the apostles. He was a fisherman, a brother of Simon Peter, a disciple of John the Baptist, and the first disciple of Jesus.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Andrey? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Andrey
Contribute your knowledge to the name Andrey
- Comments and insights on the name Andrey
Russian, Bulgarian and Romanian form of Andrew
One of my best friend's name is Andrey pronounced exactly like Andre. His name is always said Audrey, Andrew, and even Andey.
- Personal experiences with the name Andrey
- Nicknames for Andrey
- Meanings and history of the name Andrey
- Famous real-life people named Andrey
- Andrey in song, story & screen