Andries Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Andrew:
Derived from the Greek andreios (manly). The name is borne by one of the apostles. He was a fisherman, a brother of Simon Peter, a disciple of John the Baptist, and the first disciple of Jesus.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Andries
Contribute your knowledge to the name Andries
- Comments and insights on the name Andries
Dutch and Afrikaans form of Andrew
- Personal experiences with the name Andries
- Nicknames for Andries
- Meanings and history of the name Andries
- Famous real-life people named Andries
- Andries in song, story & screen