Andris Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Andrew:
Derived from the Greek andreios (manly). The name is borne by one of the apostles. He was a fisherman, a brother of Simon Peter, a disciple of John the Baptist, and the first disciple of Jesus.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Andris
Contribute your knowledge to the name Andris
- Comments and insights on the name Andris
Latvian form of Andrew
- Personal experiences with the name Andris
- Nicknames for Andris
- Meanings and history of the name Andris
- Famous real-life people named Andris
- Andris in song, story & screen