Andriy Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Andrew:
Derived from the Greek andreios (manly). The name is borne by one of the apostles. He was a fisherman, a brother of Simon Peter, a disciple of John the Baptist, and the first disciple of Jesus.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Andriy? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Andriy
Contribute your knowledge to the name Andriy
- Comments and insights on the name Andriy
Andriy, pronounced ahn-DREE, is the Ukrainian form of Andrew. It means "manly, strong" and "warrior."
- Personal experiences with the name Andriy
My son is named, Andriy. He is named after his Ukrainian paternal great-grandfather.
- Nicknames for Andriy
- Meanings and history of the name Andriy
- Famous real-life people named Andriy
Andriy Shevchenko, soccer player
- Andriy in song, story & screen