András Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Andrew:
Derived from the Greek andreios (manly). The name is borne by one of the apostles. He was a fisherman, a brother of Simon Peter, a disciple of John the Baptist, and the first disciple of Jesus.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an András? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring András
Contribute your knowledge to the name András
- Comments and insights on the name András
Hungarian form of Andrew
Andras and Sandra are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name András
- Nicknames for András
- Meanings and history of the name András
- Famous real-life people named András
- András in song, story & screen