Angelo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Angelo:
Derived from the Greek angelos (messenger). In New Testament Greek, the word took on the meaning “divine messenger, messenger of God.” Var: Angel, Angell, Anzioleto, Anziolo.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Angelo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Angelo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Angelo
- Comments and insights on the name Angelo
My boyfriend's middle name. He is so hot ::sigh::
- Personal experiences with the name Angelo
- Nicknames for Angelo
- Meanings and history of the name Angelo
- Famous real-life people named Angelo
The singer Adele's son
- Angelo in song, story & screen
Angelo Barberini, the protagonist in the film "Mambo Italiano"
Angelo Espinosa, Skin of Generation X