Apollon Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Apollo:
Derived from Apollōn, an ancient Greek name of unknown derivation. The name is borne in Greek mythology by the handsome son of Zeus and Leto and twin brother of the goddess Artemis. Apollo, one of the twelve major dieties, was the god of music, poetry, prophecy, and medicine.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Apollon
Contribute your knowledge to the name Apollon
- Comments and insights on the name Apollon
- Personal experiences with the name Apollon
- Nicknames for Apollon
- Meanings and history of the name Apollon
Original Greek form of the name Apollo. This is the form used in France, Russia and Poland.
- Famous real-life people named Apollon
- Apollon in song, story & screen