Arlo Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Arlo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Arlo
- New Zealand Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in New Zealand 2014
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (New South Wales)
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (Victoria)
- New Zealand Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in New Zealand
- English Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in England
Contribute your knowledge to the name Arlo
- Comments and insights on the name Arlo
- Personal experiences with the name Arlo
- Nicknames for Arlo
Arles, Lo, Ari, Arlie
- Meanings and history of the name Arlo
There are several origins of the name:
An Italian variant of Charles.
The Spanish word for the 'barberry tree'.
An Old English variant of Harlow, derived from the Anglo-Saxon words here and hlaw, meaning 'army hill'.
- Famous real-life people named Arlo
Folk musician Arlo Guthrie
Arlo Olson, WWII United States Army officer and recipient of the Medal of Honor.
Bez from The Happy Mondays has a son called Arlo
Arlo Robert Galafassi (b. 2011), son of Australian actress and musician Toni Collette
- Arlo in song, story & screen
Character in 24 called Arlo Glass
Arlo White is a presenter on Radio 5 live in the UK
Title character in the comic strip "Arlo and Janis" by Jimmy Johnson.
Arlo Givens is the ne'er-do-well father of protagonist Raylan Givens in the tv show Justified.
Arlo (often nicknamed Asslo or Arselo because he is one) from the webtoon unOrdinary
Arlo, the main character in Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur