Aubrey Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Aubrey:
From Aubri, the French form of the German Alberich, a name derived from the Old High German elements alb (elf) and rihhi (ruler): hence, “elf ruler.” Var: Aubree, Aubrie.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aubrey? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aubrey
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aubrey
- Comments and insights on the name Aubrey
- Personal experiences with the name Aubrey
- Nicknames for Aubrey
- Meanings and history of the name Aubrey
Teutonic origin. Means "king of the elves."
- Famous real-life people named Aubrey
• Aubrey Beardsley (English illustrator and author)
• Aubrey Graham (Canadian actor and rapper, Drake)
- Aubrey in song, story & screen