Audun Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Edwin:
Borrowed from the English, Edwin is derived from the obsolete Old English Eadwine, a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, fortune, riches) and wine (friend): hence, “wealthy friend.” Var: Edwyn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Audun
Contribute your knowledge to the name Audun
- Comments and insights on the name Audun
- Personal experiences with the name Audun
- Nicknames for Audun
- Meanings and history of the name Audun
Norwegian cognate of Edwin derived from the Old Norse elements ead " rich" and wine "friend".
- Famous real-life people named Audun
- Audun in song, story & screen