Auguste Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Augustus:
Derived from the Latin august (great, venerable).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Auguste? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Auguste
Contribute your knowledge to the name Auguste
- Comments and insights on the name Auguste
Pronounced "Aw-goost" or "Oh-goost"
- Personal experiences with the name Auguste
- Nicknames for Auguste
- Meanings and history of the name Auguste
The French version of "Augustus" or "Augusten"
- Famous real-life people named Auguste
Auguste Piccard - Swiss Physicist and Inventor
Auguste Rodin, French Sculpter
Pierre-Auguste Renoir- 19th Century French painter
- Auguste in song, story & screen