Augustine Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name August:
Derived from the Latin august (great, venerable).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Augustine? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Augustine
Contribute your knowledge to the name Augustine
- Comments and insights on the name Augustine
Two pronunciations: au-GUS-tin and AU-gus-teen. The former is the pronunciation most favored by parents naming their son after St. Augustine; the latter is also the pronunciation of the female name "Augustine."
- Personal experiences with the name Augustine
- Nicknames for Augustine
Gus, Aug, Auggie, Austin, August, Tino, Tintin
- Meanings and history of the name Augustine
St. Augustine of Hippo is a famous saint and doctor of the church
- Famous real-life people named Augustine
St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo (early Church father, author of the Confessions, and the City of God)
- Augustine in song, story & screen