Baldur Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Baldur? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Baldur
Contribute your knowledge to the name Baldur
- Comments and insights on the name Baldur
USAGE: German, Icelandic
PRONOUNCED: BAHL-door (German)
OTHER LANGUAGES: Balder, Baldr (Norse Mythology)
POPULARITY: #13 in Iceland
- Personal experiences with the name Baldur
- Nicknames for Baldur
- Meanings and history of the name Baldur
The Norse God of light, son of Odin and brother of Thor. One of the most well-known stories from the Eddas tells of his accidental death at the hands of his brother, Hodur, spurred on by the trickster Loki.
German and Icelandic form of BALDER
- Famous real-life people named Baldur
- Baldur in song, story & screen