Barnaby Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Barnaby:
Variant of Barnabas, a name borne in the Bible by the Christian apostle and missionary companion of Paul. The name is derived from the Aramaic barnebhū'āh (son of exhortation).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Barnaby? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Barnaby
Contribute your knowledge to the name Barnaby
- Comments and insights on the name Barnaby
- Personal experiences with the name Barnaby
- Nicknames for Barnaby
Barney, Barn, Barnes, Bear
- Meanings and history of the name Barnaby
Medieval English form of BARNABAS
- Famous real-life people named Barnaby
Barnaby Joyce, Australian Senator
- Barnaby in song, story & screen
"Barnaby Jones" was a television detective series that ran on CBS from 1973 to 1980, starring Buddy Ebsen in the title role.