Bartolomé Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Bartholomew:
From the Middle English Bartelmeus, a cognate of the Late Latin Bartholomaeus, which is from the Greek Bartholomaios (son of Talmai). Talmai is an Aramaic name meaning "hill, mound, furrows." The name is borne in the Bible by one of the Twelve Apostles of Christ. Short: Bart.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Bartolomé? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Bartolomé
Contribute your knowledge to the name Bartolomé
- Comments and insights on the name Bartolomé
Spanish form of Bartholomew
- Personal experiences with the name Bartolomé
- Nicknames for Bartolomé
- Meanings and history of the name Bartolomé
- Famous real-life people named Bartolomé
Bartolome de las Casas, 16th Century Spanish priest, writer, bishop of Chiapas in New Spain.
- Bartolomé in song, story & screen