Bartosz Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Bartholomew:
From the Middle English Bartelmeus, a cognate of the Late Latin Bartholomaeus, which is from the Greek Bartholomaios (son of Talmai). Talmai is an Aramaic name meaning "hill, mound, furrows." The name is borne in the Bible by one of the Twelve Apostles of Christ. Short: Bart.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Bartosz? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Bartosz
Contribute your knowledge to the name Bartosz
- Comments and insights on the name Bartosz
Polish form of Bartholomew
- Personal experiences with the name Bartosz
- Nicknames for Bartosz
- Meanings and history of the name Bartosz
- Famous real-life people named Bartosz
- Bartosz in song, story & screen