Benedek Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Benedict:
Derived from the Latin Benedictus (blessed), which is from benedicere (to speak well of, to bless). The name was borne by St. Benedict (c. 480 - 543), an Italian monk and founder of the Benedictine Order. He was responsible form the building of the great monastery at Monte Cassino, which remains the spiritual center of the Benedictines.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Benedek
Contribute your knowledge to the name Benedek
- Comments and insights on the name Benedek
Hungarian form of Benedict
- Personal experiences with the name Benedek
- Nicknames for Benedek
- Meanings and history of the name Benedek
- Famous real-life people named Benedek
- Benedek in song, story & screen