Benjen Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Benjamin:
Derived from the Hebrew binyāmīn (son of the right hand). The name was borne by American statesman and inventor Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 90). Short: Ben. Pet: Benny.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Benjen? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Benjen
Contribute your knowledge to the name Benjen
- Comments and insights on the name Benjen
This nickname for the name Benjamin seems to have been invented by George R. R. Martin for his series A Song of Ice and Fire.
- Personal experiences with the name Benjen
May go MIA for extended periods of times, particularly in wintery lands.
- Nicknames for Benjen
- Meanings and history of the name Benjen
- Famous real-life people named Benjen
- Benjen in song, story & screen
Benjen Stark, Ned's brother in A Song of Ice and Fire.