Benoit Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Benedict:
Derived from the Latin Benedictus (blessed), which is from benedicere (to speak well of, to bless). The name was borne by St. Benedict (c. 480 - 543), an Italian monk and founder of the Benedictine Order. He was responsible form the building of the great monastery at Monte Cassino, which remains the spiritual center of the Benedictines.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Benoit? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Benoit
Contribute your knowledge to the name Benoit
- Comments and insights on the name Benoit
Benito and Benoit are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Benoit
- Nicknames for Benoit
- Meanings and history of the name Benoit
- Famous real-life people named Benoit
- Benoit in song, story & screen