Bernardo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Bernardo:
From the Old High German Berinhard (strong as a bear), a compound name composed from the elements bern (bear) and hard (hearty, strong, brave).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Bernardo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Bernardo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Bernardo
- Comments and insights on the name Bernardo
- Personal experiences with the name Bernardo
- Nicknames for Bernardo
- Meanings and history of the name Bernardo
- Famous real-life people named Bernardo
Bernardo Guimaraes, Brazilian, wrote the 1870s novel "Isaura The Slave Girl"
- Bernardo in song, story & screen
Bernardo,Sharks leader in West Side Story