Blas Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Blaise:
Borrowed from the French, Blaise is of uncertain etymology. Some believe it is derived from the Latin Blaesus, which is from blaesus (deformed, stuttering). Var: Blaize, Blayze, Blaze.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Blas? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Blas
Contribute your knowledge to the name Blas
- Comments and insights on the name Blas
- Personal experiences with the name Blas
- Nicknames for Blas
- Meanings and history of the name Blas
- Famous real-life people named Blas
St. Blaise, known as San Blas in Spanish, is the patron saint of throat-related illnesses.
- Blas in song, story & screen