Blase Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Blaise:
Borrowed from the French, Blaise is of uncertain etymology. Some believe it is derived from the Latin Blaesus, which is from blaesus (deformed, stuttering). Var: Blaize, Blayze, Blaze.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Blase? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Blase
Contribute your knowledge to the name Blase
- Comments and insights on the name Blase
- Personal experiences with the name Blase
- Nicknames for Blase
- Meanings and history of the name Blase
Derived from the catholic saint Blaise
- Famous real-life people named Blase
- Blase in song, story & screen