Boden Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Boden? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Boden
Contribute your knowledge to the name Boden
- Comments and insights on the name Boden
- Personal experiences with the name Boden
- Nicknames for Boden
- Meanings and history of the name Boden
The name Boden is a baby boy name. The name Boden comes from the Celtic origin. In Celtic The meaning of the name Boden is: Blond.
In modern German, Boden is the word for "floor."
Originally a surname. According to Ancestry.com:
1. North German: patronymic from the personal name Bode, or from a short form of any of the many compound names with the element Boden.
2. German: topographic name for someone living in a valley bottom or the low-lying area of a field, Middle High German boden ‘ground’, ‘bottom’. Compare English Bottom.
3. Swedish (Bodén): ornamental name, possibly from bod ‘small hut’ + the common surname suffix -én, a derivative of Latin -enius ‘descendant of’.
4. English: according to Reaney, a late variant of Baldwin.
5. Irish: Anglicized form of Gaelic Ó Buadáin.
- Famous real-life people named Boden
- Boden in song, story & screen
Chief Wallace Boden of firehouse 51, in Chicago Fire TV series.