Brennen Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Brennan:
Transferred use of the surname, which is from the Irish O Brennan, the Anglicized form of the Gaelic Ó Braonáin (descendant of Braoin). Braoin is a Gaelic name meaning “sorrow, saddness.” Brennan is also an English surname and is evolved from the Old English Burnand (burned hand). The name makes reference to the medieval practice of burning the hands of those caught breaking the law. Var: Brennand, Brennen.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Brennen? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Brennen
Contribute your knowledge to the name Brennen
- Comments and insights on the name Brennen
- Personal experiences with the name Brennen
- Nicknames for Brennen
Bren, Bern, Brenio, Jim
- Meanings and history of the name Brennen
- Famous real-life people named Brennen
Brennen Taylor, YouTuber
- Brennen in song, story & screen