Brennon Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Brennan:
Transferred use of the surname, which is from the Irish O Brennan, the Anglicized form of the Gaelic Ó Braonáin (descendant of Braoin). Braoin is a Gaelic name meaning “sorrow, saddness.” Brennan is also an English surname and is evolved from the Old English Burnand (burned hand). The name makes reference to the medieval practice of burning the hands of those caught breaking the law. Var: Brennand, Brennen.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Brennon? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Brennon
Contribute your knowledge to the name Brennon
- Comments and insights on the name Brennon
- Personal experiences with the name Brennon
- Nicknames for Brennon
- Meanings and history of the name Brennon
- Famous real-life people named Brennon
- Brennon in song, story & screen