Brenton Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Brent:
Transferred use of the English surname that originates from two separate sources. Brent (the burnt) is an evolution of the Old English beornan (to burn) and was originally used as a nickname for a criminal who had been branded for his crimes. It is also derived from brend (burnt land) and is used as an English place-name; in this instance, Brent has the definition “dweller by the burnt land.”
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Brenton? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Brenton
Contribute your knowledge to the name Brenton
- Comments and insights on the name Brenton
Brenton is a strong and very unique name.
- Personal experiences with the name Brenton
My son was born in 2004, and we have only met one other Brenton. He is a sweet, caring, independent young man. He also loves his name. We call him Brent sometimes, but he prefers Brenton.
• My husband’s name is Brenton and we’ve come across a couple here and there - they all seem to work in IT (as does my husband). He’s my husband so I obviously think he’s pretty cool.
- Nicknames for Brenton
Brent, B, Beety, Bren, Ben, Tony, Rennie, Bort
- Meanings and history of the name Brenton
- Famous real-life people named Brenton
Brenton Thwaites - actor
Brenton Wood-Singer "The Oogum Boogum Song" and "Gimme Little Sign".
Brenton Morand - singer
- Brenton in song, story & screen